Employment Ordinance Chapter 12 (Protection against Anti-union Discrimination)
Right of an Employee in Participating in Trade Unions
Every employee shall have the following rights:
1. to be a member or an officer of a trade union
2. to take part in the activities of the trade union at any appropriate time, if the employee is a member or an officer of a trade union (Appropriate time means:- – outside working hours; or – during working hours by arrangement and with the consent of the employer.)
3. to associate with other persons for the purpose of forming or applying for the registration of a trade union.
Statutory Requirements of the Employer
An employer shall not:-
1. prevent or deter an employee from exercising any of the above rights;
2. dismiss, penalise or discriminate against an employee for exercising the above rights;
3. make it a condition of employment that an employee must not exercise the above rights.
Transform your contingent workforce
Find out how easy it is to organize, automate and scale your external workforce operations with Worksuite.