Employment Ordinance Chapter 12 (Protection against Anti-union Discrimination)
Right of an Employee in Participating in Trade Unions
Every employee shall have the following rights:
1. to be a member or an officer of a trade union
2. to take part in the activities of the trade union at any appropriate time, if the employee is a member or an officer of a trade union (Appropriate time means:- – outside working hours; or – during working hours by arrangement and with the consent of the employer.)
3. to associate with other persons for the purpose of forming or applying for the registration of a trade union.
Statutory Requirements of the Employer
An employer shall not:-
1. prevent or deter an employee from exercising any of the above rights;
2. dismiss, penalise or discriminate against an employee for exercising the above rights;
3. make it a condition of employment that an employee must not exercise the above rights.